Glassdoor adds new tool for diversity and inclusion – Business Insider
- Job-search giant Glassdoor just released a new tool to create more transparency around diversity and inclusion (D&I) at work.
- The site, which is widely known for its employee reviews, now has a “diversity and inclusion rating” which allows workers to rate how satisfied they are with D&I at their current or past employers. Employees rank companies on a 5-point scale, with 5 being the most satisfied.
- Glassdoor tested the new D&I tool with employees at 12 of the nation’s top employers including Salesforce, which received a 4.6 rating, and Walmart, which got a 3.7 rating.
- The job site is also allowing employees to anonymously submit their demographic information, which job seekers can use to compare pay and ratings by specific groups.
- The news comes as employees across the US call for business leaders to take D&I more seriously.
- One in three job seekers and employees in a Glassdoor survey of 2,745 said they would not apply to a job if there was a lack of diversity among employees at the company.
- “By providing this next level of transparency on Glassdoor, we’re also helping employers and employees alike stay accountable and committed to creating better, more equitable workplaces. Everyone deserves the opportunity to thrive in the workplace,” Annie Pearl, Glassdoor chief product officer, said in a statement.